Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Peak Of The Season

It hardly seems I have been home long enough to catch my breath and I am packing again. Off to West Virginia this weekend and then Virginia AND Deleware for back to back races next weekend. This is what is called the "peak" of the season. When I planned my race schedule, I knew the beginning of August would be the toughest. 3 races in 8 days, 2 being back to back Saturday and Sunday and 1 of them being an Olympic distance. This will truly test my fitness and my love for the endurance sport of triathlon. I have been trying to take it easy this week and just maintain my level of fitness but it's also been a really busy work week so I don't feel very rested. 3 jobs is a lot to juggle.
On another note, I wanted to thank everyone for the amazing feedback to the QVC piece. It has been great to get Facebook comments and emails from all over the world. The message is getting spread about the need for early detection and the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer. This is still a grass roots effort so don't be shy. Talk to everyone you know about what you have learned. And oh yeah, pass on this link if you can and ask your friends for a $5 donation. Thanks!!