Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, July 29, 2013

40s and 50s

Yesterday I raced in Clarkston, Michigan, representing state #47. It was a pristine village and a banner event company that hosted the 9th Annual Village Tri. If you know anything about the sport, you know your age gets written on your calf.  It helps to know who you are competing against and who matters in your age group. It seemed like EVERYONE was in their 40s yesterday.  I know it's the largest growing demographic but really?  It felt like it was me against everyone!
As for the 50s, well, that was the temperature.  Threatening rain, overcast skies and a gentle breeze made for a chilly event. Luckily the rain held off until the event was over and then it poured.  I stayed at a local B&B, The Millpond Inn, and was close enough to the event to not bring a car.  As a result I got soaked and chilled to the bone.  But a hot soak and cup of tea greeted me upon my return "home" and all was right with the world.  Thanks to Joan and Buck!
A big thanks to Andrea and the folks at Kinetic Systems for loaning me a bike.  The money I saved will be donated to OCRF in the name of the store. Everyone working together for this great cause.
State #47 is in the books.  Three to go.. all of which will be attended by my husband.  This final stretch is very special and I am excited he is going to be sharing it with me.  Next up, Wyoming.