Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Living in the northeast, I struggle with winter training. This past season was particularly tough with the frigid temps, ice and mountains of snow. When the calendar turns to April, I hope for warmer temperatures to be able to resume outdoor cycling. I usually can run outside all winter but I am a fair weather cyclist. My indoor bicycle trainer is set up in my garage and I torturously log miles while listening to my iPod. Basically, I hate it but it has to suffice. Long story short, this April has not lived up to my expectations. It has been cold, windy and oh, so rainy. I have scheduled several weekend bicycle rides with friends, only to franticly text the night before and the morning of to question, "Should we? Shouldn't we?" We never do. I've got some pretty big races coming up (IN, GA) in a couple of weeks and was hoping for a few dry days to put up some outdoor miles. In the words of my mother-in-law, "Alas, so it goes".