Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pre Race Training and A Soggy Day



The logistics of the NYC triathlon are amazing. Mandatory race briefing and bike check in the day before, tons of moving around the city from place to place, lots of anxiety and pre-race jitters... you need some levity to break it up. That's what this video is. I call it "pre-race training and hopscotch".
SO much to say... where to begin. Great day albeit a very wet beginning. Just as we left the hotel at 4:30 am, the heavens opened up and soaked us and our gear. Luckily I had covered my bike yesterday in anticipation for the atmospheric event. The photo shows the covering but also shows the race gods were with me... I got an end spot, as delineated by my race number. Total score!
Mild rain to begin and then dry, with cloud cover, for the duraction. We were very fortunate as racing conditions become dangerous with rain. We did have to delay swim start by 20 minutes because of lightning but no big deal.
Results were terrific. My fastest NYC finish yet. Getting faster with age? Hmmmm. What a thought. 2:45 which was 12th out of 76 in my age. Missed top ten by 30 seconds but I gave it my all. My mantra for the day was "Don't leave anything on the table". I raced as hard as I could and am thrilled with my day.
Gosh, I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!!