Please help with even a $10 donation!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
On another note, I am busy booking flights, cars, hotels and making plans for a bunch of states. I almost have the schedule mapped out and it is coming together quite nicely. Stay tuned; I should be posting more details soon. Now I have to stop eating cookies and actually train.
Happy holidays to all!!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Thanks to your donations in 2010, OCRF researchers have worked hard to push forward the science of ovarian cancer. Below is a partial list of the exciting discoveries made by OCRF researchers this year. With each new finding, momentum is being created to change the future so that no woman has to die from this disease. To learn more about an individual finding, go to the OCRF website at www.ocrf.org. We are all in this together and your contributions have made a difference. Thanks so much!
- Discovered five gene variants linked to ovarian cancer
- Revealed how microRNA regulates ovarian cancer stem cells
- Shown that the change in CA-125 over time can be useful for early detection
- Discovered a protein that boosts the creation of ovarian cancer blood vessels
- Identified SIK2 as a potential target for ovarian cancer therapy
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Holiday chaos is here and in between festive moments, I am trying to plan my race calendar. Hopefully by early January I will have it locked in. But in the meantime, hearing from states with generous offers to participate in their races is in the true spirit of giving and is making my holiday season that much more festive. Stay tuned.