Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Seeking Balance

This is the time of year I work harder.  My professional life takes a back seat come spring and summer as autumn is usually when I take on more projects.  Reduced training and less travel enables me to say "yes" more often and tick off things on my to-do list.  That being said, stop the train... I want to get off.  What is it about the people pleaser in me that has to say "yes" to everything?  Where is the balance?  Sure the bank account is looking good so I can cover next season's campaign but is that all it's about?  I haven't worked out in three days, haven't seen my husband in over a week and don't even want to admit my sleeping habits. 
If you know me at all, you know I believe in writing down your goals.  That's really what this post is about.  I want to affirm my commitment to seeking better balance throughout this particular professional stretch. 
  • I will take more time for my family and friends. 
  •  I will find time to work out, even if it is only a half an hour. 
  • I will sleep more. 
There... I've written it down.  Now for everyone reading this, please challenge me to stay true to my word.  It begins tonight with a solid eight hour sleep and continues tomorrow with an 11 am massage.  At least I'll have 24 hours of balance.