Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, May 5, 2014

But Wait, There's More

When the competitive part of the campaign ended last November, I thought I might sit idle and need a new goal.  Little did I know the campaign would take on a new focus, a new light, a new direction. 
Public speaking has been part of the 50x50x100 from the get-go, but now with the 50 states in the rear mirror, the vocal part of the campaign is at the forefront.
Since the beginning of the year I have been actively speaking to the press and groups in a variety of forums, all in a continued effort to spread the message of early detection for ovarian cancer. 
Most recently a piece aired on FiOS1.  Titled "Heroes On Our Island", the campaign was highlighted.  While I'm not comfortable with the title, it was a great opportunity to get the word out.  Click here to see the interview or go to the Video Section of this blog.
On to the political level.  A couple of weeks ago, I learned my campaign was recognized in Nassau County.  Our county executive, Ed Mangano, presented me with the 2014 Woman of Achievement Award.  I had no idea I was nominated and it was really quite an honor. While receiving the award, Mr. Mangano leaned over to me and asked if I had really completed 50 triathlons.  It was really funny.  You can't make this stuff up.
So as you can see, the campaign isn't over yet.  Stay tuned...more to come.