Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to Back

Just came back from another race, this time south of the Mason Dixon line. Billed as a mountain sprint, it did not disappoint. Asheville, North Carolina is spectalarly beautiful at 4000 feet elevation. Flat calm swim in a 75 degree man made lake. Major climbs at miles 3, 6, 11 and 16 separated the pack on the 17.5 mile bike ride. Trail running around the lake, dodging tree stumps and creeks on the 5K run. Closest I'll ever come to Xterra on the run. FUN FUN FUN. Very different from the races I am used to. Quite challenging. Nice people, gorgeous weather, pristine mountain surrounding and to boot, I took 1st place in my age group with a 1:55 finish. The prize was a bar of homemade soap, as Asheville is a pretty big hippy dippy natural place. The photo is my fan club. My cousins and mom were present to cheer me on for this one and it made the win that much more special. A big shout out and a resounding "Happy Birthday" to my cousin, John. Love all you guys!! Thanks for the awesome cheering and support.