Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Popping Over the Pond

I will be taking a few days off from training to head to Ireland for my cousin's 50th wedding anniversary. It is so exciting; I can hardly stand it. They don't know that my mom, my niece and I are coming so it will be a big surprise. I doubt I'll get any swimming in and I am not bringing my bike. But I hope to do lots of running on the back, country roads of the Emerald Isle. It's always a little bit of a concern... taking time off from training but I am in good shape going into this little respite. My next race is the 3rd week of July and my big race of the season is the 4th week of July. My "peak" is planned for then but you never can be sure of how that will go. You can only plan and do your best come race day. But there's a little bit of time between now and then and in the meantime, there is more family to enjoy.
Happy 4th of July to all and I'll write more when I return.