Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, September 28, 2009

This Is Why I Race

Last week I found out my friend's mom has been diagnosed with Stage IV ovarian cancer. They originally thought it was colon cancer and had been treating her accordingly. Upon further tests, it was discovered the source is ovarian. Such a subtle, sly disease. Masked as something else; not really showing overt symptoms; deadly. Her road will be long; certainly longer than if the cancer was discovered earlier. EARLY DETECTION... that's what it is all about. A method of early detection must be found so no one has to battle this disease. Funding is imperative as top scientists are working hard at finding such a test.

This past weekend I raced a very hilly 10K for Gisela in Northport NY. I pushed myself to the limit and everytime I thought of backing off or pacing slower, I thought of Gisela and what lies ahead of her. This race was for her.