Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Enough of That

So I can't say that I didn't try (tri)... ha ha. No pun intended. If you've been following, you know I have a shoulder problem and my swim coach suggested a new stroke. I gave it a good 2 weeks of effort and it didn't make my shoulder any better. But it did slow me down.
So you know what? I'm going back to my old stroke. It was a good try but enough of that!
I think I have to resign myself to the fact that my shoulder will hurt. I am a competitive (very competitive) athlete and my body is going to hurt from time to time. So what?
When I consider why I am racing and who I am racing for and what women in treatment are going through, my shoulder pain is nothing. There is a greater purpose and it isn't about me and my ailments.
I am strong. My body is healthy (for the most part) and I race for women who can't and for women yet to be diagnosed.
Please pardon the cathartic pep talk... I needed it.