Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh Oh Ohio

Tomorrow morning at 5 am, mom and I venture to Ohio to race and complete state #13. It is just close enough to drive (about 650 miles) and just far enough to be a drag. I suppose I could fly but then I would have to ship the bike. Ka-ching! Since I drive a Prius that gets 50 mpg, the choice seems clear. So it's the open road for us gals tomorrow. Race briefing on Saturday and then, race on Sunday and drive home right after. Makes for a long weekend but hey, it's for the cause.
Truth to tell, I am looking forward to the girl time with mom. We never run out of things to talk about. Why is that? And I am looking forward to being one state closer to my goal.
So check out my blog next week. I will try to get a video and photos up on Monday. In the meantime, please ask your friends to donate $5 to OCRF by clicking the link at the top of this page. We really are closing in on finding a method of early detection and need every penny to make this a reality.