Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Next Stop PDX

This weekend is state #30 and the destination is Oregon for the Portland Triathlon. It feels like I have been counting the states in the 20s for quite some time (well, 10 times actually) so this change to state #30 feels like a big deal. After this weekend I will be 60% complete with my competing goal but only 52% complete with my fundraising goal. If you know me, you know I am a numbers geek. With a degree in math and several number crunching jobs, I eat, sleep and breathe numbers. Truth to tell, my secret shame is doing math problems while racing. That being said, my fundraising is running at an 8% deficit. I am not nervous; just merely pointing out that now is the time to dig deep. If you have already donated $5, consider donating $5 more. If you can't afford to do so, perhaps forward this blog to a friend and ask them to donate $5. For those of you who have contributed several times (and will do so again), thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would not be where I am now without you.
So if you see me out of the course or notice a photo where my brain looks like it hurts, I am probably crunching some numbers or solving some mathematical equation. Crazy, I know but it's my little version of sanity.