Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Real Life

Often I am asked if I work.  Or if I am retired.  Or if I am independently wealthy.  HAH!  The answers in short.... yes, no and gosh, no.  In fact in addition to the training, racing and traversing the country, I have a very full life that has nothing to do with ovarian cancer and triathlon.  The entire campaign is 100% funded on my own dime and luckily, I am self employed so in command of my own schedule.  But other than that, I am like most folks with a "real life" which includes work, family, friends and many obligations.  But this isn't meant to be a complaint post.  I love my over-flowing life very much.
I also love my husband!  This week he had the honor of being inducted into the Massapequa Hall of Fame.  This is a photo of him delivering his acceptance speech.  Don was chosen for his work with the environment and for his participation in a group called Operation SPLASH.  It is indeed an honor to be recognized by the town he grew up in and the evening was quite special.  I am so proud.