Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wisconsin and Then....

Off to Wisconsin this weekend to race state #41 in Portage.  The Silver Lake Triathlon should be spectacular in pristine waters and on rolling country roads.  I have already been made to feel like family with the outreach of support from the race director and the press.  In fact, I am hopeful for an article in today's Portage Daily Register.  I will add the link once it is up.
But as a coincidence, the following town and state where I am racing was in this week's news.  Toad Suck, Arkansas where I will race the Toad Suck Triathlon was voted "Most Unfortunate Town Name".  Read the article here.  I remember when I registered wondering why on earth something would be called Toad Suck.  Apparently the history is rich and dates way back.  I actually like the name and think Toad Suck should be very proud of their history AND their name.  It makes for a good blog post.  So bring it on... but first things first.  Wisconsin this weekend.