Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fight Consumerism with Giving Tuesday


"There's Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday and now charities are starting what they hope will become a national day for giving that will join the holiday lexicon: Giving Tuesday", according to ABC News.com.  Read the full article here.   Well I for one, like the idea.  I have not been a fan of shopping for (pretty much) my entire life.  I also don't like buying gifts for the sake of the holidays.  I'd rather stumble on a perfect gift in May and buy it for someone because I care about them, was thinking of them and wanted to do something special for them.  But this idea of Giving Tuesday, I can get behind. 
I didn't participate in Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday.  But today I am going to pick three charities (not my own) and make a donation.  It just feels right.  I encourage you to do the same and of course, don't forget that my campaign qualifies.  Happy Giving Tuesday to all!