Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Warmth Near and Far

This is "Ollie" the oil burner.  He arrived last weekend and after almost five weeks without heat, I am happy to report I am warm again.  Life is slowly returning to normal.
On another warmth note, the date for my last state (#50, Hawaii) is set for November 24.  I am spending a fair amount of time planning this one because I want it to be special.  Seems like I've got friends and family coming from California, Texas, Alaska, Washington and New York.  Anyone else interested in joining me to celebrate this milestone?
Also, I am closing in on dates for the last eight states.... Michigan hangs in the balance but I hope to be able to post dates and races before the new year. 
Now....the holidays.  Collectively breathe with me and say to yourself, "I am not going to let them get to me this season".   It's not about the shopping or the parties.  It's not about the cards or the presents.  This year, more than ever, I am reminded that the holidays are about being loved, loving others and being grateful.