Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Post racing season of 2012, I decided to give myself six weeks off from triathlon activity.  I was swimming a little bit but really enjoying downtime and letting my body heal.  Then came Hurricane Sandy and another six weeks "off" from structured training.  And then of course...the holidays.  Call it a very extended off season...but the party is over.  I got back on my beautiful, teal bike again last week.  Not outside of course...waaaaay toooo cold for that but in the garage on a trainer.  You would think I never road a bike before.  Legs heavy, awkward cadence, breathless.... and the cycling is typically my strongest leg of my sport. 
Being a triathlete is about being humble; not taking for granted that your body will always do what it has always done.  Last year's fitness is a distant memory and while I am officially "back in the saddle", I've got some work ahead of me.  But I like a challenge, right?