Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

When I Grow Up

... I want to be like Walter.
After 94 years, Walter passed away on Saturday.  He was a dear part of our family and we will miss him very much.  After taking "early retirement" at age 90, Walter decided to slow down a bit but continued to travel and sail as much as possible.  I recall having dinner with him a few months ago after a day sailing.  A huge smile and wind-burned cheeks, Walter was utterly gitty with the day he had.  Always eager to learn and never content to miss an opportunity to expand his horizons, Walter embraced new challenges whenever possible.  Several years ago he realized the digital age was passing him by so hired a friend to teach him how to use a computer more effeciently.  An avid reader, Walter could discuss current affairs with ease and just when you thought he wasn't paying attention, he would say something spot-on to bring a new level of energy to the conversation.  Walter was blessed with good genes and only started to fail in the end.  Never a day in a nursing home, he was dining with friends and family when he silently passed.  No pain, no grimaces; he went peacefully.
When I grow up, I want to be like Walter.