Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Swimming in the Rain

I am fortunate enough to swim and train at the Freeport Recreation Center where they have this awesome, Olympic outdoor pool open in the summer.  Yesterday was a complete soaker but I had a swim workout planned for my lunch hour.  I fully anticipated swimming in the much smaller and less exciting, indoor pool but to my surprise, the outdoor pool was open because at that particular moment it was only raining lightly.  WOO HOO!  Imagine my good fortune.  One other person joined me and although it was quite brisk, it was heavenly.  Jumping into a flat, calm surface with smiles a-blazing we got our lunchtime 1500 meters in.  Swimming in the rain is truly one of my all time favorite things to do.  I love the splatter of raindrops on my face as I rotate my head to breathe.  As luck would have it, the lightning and downpour started as soon as I finished my workout.  The indoor pool swimmers looked disappointed they didn't take the chance outdoors but then they were happy their practice wasn't interrupted to move inside.  I have had Gene Kelly in my head ever since...."I'm swimming in the rain...."