Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Clarification


I had a birthday on Christmas Eve and received many lovely messages celebrating the day.  Thank you.  But most of the messages were congratulating me on turning 50 and entering the new decade.  Bear with me; this is a little confusing to explain.  I am not yet 50 but a mere 49 years old.  However, as of January 1, the triathlon governing body considers me 50 because I turn 50 years old in 2014.  As of January 1, I compete in the 50-54 age group...which I am actually looking forward to.  On any given day, I hardly remember how old I am.  My mother barely knows because of this little technicality with the USAT. This past year I was competing as a 49 year old even though I was only 48.  Does this make sense?  So while I have appreciated the loving thoughts and welcoming to the next decade, it is a bit premature.  Even though my calf will sport the number 50 for my 2014 season, my real age is still 49, until next December 24.   I do hope this clears up any lingering confusion.