Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Continued


  • Hottest Race: KANSAS.  Record temps of 111 degrees.  I was dehydrated having only flown in the night before and never got the chance to prepare for the heat.  Not that I even could have.  The race was run well with freezing cold towels every 1/2 mile but honestly, what can you do with 111 degrees?
  • Most Media Coverage: MINNESOTA.  Go figure. No rhyme or reason to the PR.  It was random at best and some states took the bait and others didn't jump at all. Minnesota did a front page spread and the race was very supportive of the press effort.  It was nice because the article posted before the race so by the time the event came, people knew who I was and were able to approach me with questions.  Certainly made my outreach effort easier.
  • Further distance traveled: HAWAII.  Close second is Alaska but I think Hawaii has it beat by just a little bit.  Lucky for me,  Hawaiian Airlines started direct flights out of JFK so there was no layover midway.  Made for a long flight but two movies, two meals and a nap... and I was there.
More soon....