Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Weekend Away

Sometimes the best training is cross training and has nothing to do with the activity that you will compete in. Meaning, that training doesn't always have to be about swimming, biking and running. I was away this weekend for the Martin Luther King Jr holiday and traveled to the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts. If you know anything about where I currently live, you will know it is FLAT and can be quite boring. In fact, I often have to travel to get in any hill training. So it was a welcome treat to be in surroundings that involved ups and downs. I didn't work out per se but did three very solid walks that involved up and down hills. I know it was a solid workout because upon return, I can feel my shins and my gluts (aka: my butt) muscles. And all I thought I was doing was walking. I actually was feeling guilty for not officially working out this weekend. But when you feel new muscles that you otherwise ignore, you know that something good is happening. Lesson learned. Exercise comes in many forms and doesn't always have to be about the activity you plan to compete in. On my 5 am run tomorrow, I am sure my body will appreciate the time off and will be better for the cross training.