Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, April 26, 2010

T Minus 3

So in a little less than 3 weeks, I am going to attempt to do something I have not done before... compete in 2 triathlons back to back in 2 days. On May 15, I will race in New Jersey and on May 16, I will race in Maryland. Of course, in between will be the driving. So I have a feeling on Monday, May 17, I might be a little tired. Both are sprint distances so I am pretty sure I will complete them. But I know me... I am a little competitive. And even though I may say that I am just going out for the training and I hope to finish and not be injured in any way... something strange happens when the gun goes off. And I have to race as hard as possible and do as well as possible. Competition brain takes over and it's all about the finish line.
That being said, the main goal is to finish well but finish healthy. I have a long season ahead of me and I need to preserve my body. So I will attempt to treat these 2 races like training days and go out and enjoy myself. I will be the ambassador for ovarian cancer and hope to raise awareness along the way. That's really what this is about.
But I know me... today I am concerned about racing back to back. But when the gun goes off, I will be concerned about passing the next woman in front of me.