Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Can't Buy Integrity At Sears

That's a quote from my father-in-law and I have always loved it. Basically it boils down to doing the right thing because once you don't, you can't take it back. Once you lose someone's trust, it is almost impossible to regain. Pretty deep for 6:30 am. But I just got a confirmation email from the race director in Colorado about refunding my entrance fee. You'll remember they changed the date of the race and didn't notify the participants. I found out by accident and immediately requested a refund. The problem was they have a "no refund" policy. Policy...shmolicy! They changed the date!
It would have been terribly dishonest for the race company to use these standards of practice. Integrity lost. As it is, I am leary about ever signing up with this race company again. But at least they are honoring my request and refunding my much needed race fee. I wonder how many other folks are in this situation and have no idea the race date has changed? How many folks will show up on the wrong day?
Heck of a way for a race company to make money.... Synical this morning. Sorry.