Thanks to your donations in 2010, OCRF researchers have worked hard to push forward the science of ovarian cancer. Below is a partial list of the exciting discoveries made by OCRF researchers this year. With each new finding, momentum is being created to change the future so that no woman has to die from this disease. To learn more about an individual finding, go to the OCRF website at www.ocrf.org. We are all in this together and your contributions have made a difference. Thanks so much!
- Discovered five gene variants linked to ovarian cancer
- Revealed how microRNA regulates ovarian cancer stem cells
- Shown that the change in CA-125 over time can be useful for early detection
- Discovered a protein that boosts the creation of ovarian cancer blood vessels
- Identified SIK2 as a potential target for ovarian cancer therapy