Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

After a much needed break from social media and triathlon training, I have eaten myself silly and am ready to plan my 2012 race calendar.  Looking in the rearview mirror, 2011 was an amazing year.  My campaign gained a momentum I never imagined possible and I was able to tick off a dozen new states, bringing my total to 31.  My fundraising is on track and I now see that my $100K goal is possible.  I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday hiatus and am geared up to get things moving forward for this year.

This is the time of year I love...the planning stage.  I feverishly scour the internet for races, contact race directors, search flights, hotels, cars and begin to kick in my training.  Living in the Northeast, the weather has been very cooperative.  Today I ran in a short sleeved t-shirt, as temperatures hovered around 55 degrees.  November and December had me sidelined with plantar fascitis and a heel spur.  However, after a cortisone injection (ouch!), stretching, rest, ice and trigger point therapy, I am cautiously optimistic.

So you can start looking for my posts again as I pick my dates and states.  Please feel free to pass this blog along to your friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who may benefit from information on ovarian cancer.  The section on OCRF and ovarian cancer has information that can save someone's life.  And oh yeah....donations.  I will be sending out email requests for donations once my race calendar is set.  Thanks in advance for all the support.

I wish all of you a healthy, peaceful and prosperus 2012.