Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hopeful for a Bike

One of the most challenging aspects of the campaign is figuring out the bike.  Unlike a pair of goggles or running shoes, a bike can't fit into my suitcase.  For the first few years, I shipped my bicycle from city to city.  Breaking it down, putting it together, general abuse en route, not to mention the expense made that impossible to sustain.  Although my preference is my own bike, I had to make the sacrifice and put myself at the mercy of others. 
If you've followed me at all, you know some of my "sleds" have been less than perfect where others have exceeded my wildest dreams.  Enter Iowa.  The race director put me in touch with a local bike store and I had a nice conversation with the manager.  The only thing he could offer me was a mountain bike but he is hopeful for a loaner from a local triathlete's wife.  And so it goes... keeping fingers crossed and remaining optimistic!