Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Logistics Update



This is the time of year I am chained to my laptop.  If I told you that each race is approximately 10-15 hours in preparation, it might be an understatement.  Chosing the race and getting the calendar to line up right is a challenge on its own.  But then comes booking all the details...flight, hotel, race entry and race director emails, bike, car, press... It's fun and exciting and frustrating and time consuming, all rolled up into one.
Iowa is looking good.  The kindness of strangers amazes me and I think I have secured a borrowed bike from a nurse whose husband is a triathlete.  Hmmm?  Not sure what kind of ride I'll get but I am happy not to have to ship my bike.  Iowa's logistics are a little trickier because immediately after the race, I will drive to Kansas to walk with Dave Brown for a day on his cross-country adventure for ovarian cancer.  7 hour drive after a triathlon followed by a 14 mile walk the following day...can you say "Aleve?"
So it looks like Alabama and Kentucky are 100% booked, Iowa is well under way with planning...next up, Oregon.