Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

T Minus 30 Days

A month from today, on November 24, I will race the Lavaman Triathlon in the last state of my 50x50x100 campaign.  It has been an incredible five years and there are mixed emotions as it draws near.  On the one hand, it will be nice to have a little more free time and a little more disposable income.  The hours of computer time with research, logistics planning, public relations and blogging won't be missed.  I have been able to quit one of my four jobs because I no longer need to earn the money it cost to support the campaign.  On the flip side, I have been so defined by this campaign, I suspect I will feel a little lost without it.  I have loved the travel, meeting people and feeling like I am making a difference.  It is very rewarding to work towards a higher good.  I will miss that aspect very much.
In the meantime, there is another month of training ahead of me and a big PR push to spread the message as much as possible.  No time to rest yet...it's T minus 30!