Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Let the Season Begin

What a great day for a race! I went to watch the Mini Mightman this morning; the first official race of the season in my area. This race is very special to me because it was my first race five years ago, my team sponsors it and because I have so many friends who competed this year. Two friends of note are Cammi and Charlie. It was Cammi's first race ever and she did great. Most importantly she had fun and can't wait to race again. Charlie is 10 years old (well, 11 next week) and competed in the kid's event. The results are not posted yet but I am pretty sure he won. WOW! I told him I see a pro triathlete in the making. How exciting that you can actually make a living in this sport now?! How far it has come in the 30 years since it started. I really enjoyed being a spectator for this event. It's always interesting to view things from another angle. I might have even picked up some transition tips by watching... Will have to test it in a few weeks when it is my turn. The main theme I kept hearing today was "It is more than just a sport; it is a lifestyle". Well, this lifestyle saved my life. Words can't say what this sport means to me. It's probably why I am so eager to share it with everyone else. Congratulations to all the athletes today!