Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed

Good news... my bike has arrived in Las Vegas and Nate at The Bike Shop in Henderson, NV is setting it up for me. A big shout out to them! I am so relieved. This is the first year I am shipping the bike ahead and I was concerned. It is costing a bunch of money but peace of mind is worth it. And I just don't trust the airlines any more. So.... this is the week.
I leave Thursday and the race is Saturday afternoon. It's called the Showdown at Sundown and is the first race I have ever done in the afternoon. I am a morning workout gal and of course, most races go off at 6 am so this will be very different. We'll have to see if my body likes it. Truth to tell, I am happy about being able to sleep in. But what of my nutrition? How do I eat that day? Big learning curve but I am excited. I stand to learn a lot from this experience.
Stay tuned. I will blog when I get back.