Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, March 15, 2010

UPS Don't Fail Me Now

I bought a really good, hard cover bike case this year. And it is making its maiden voyage as we speak. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for the case but traveling on the airplanes with my soft cover case isn't smart anymore. The airlines don't care and my bike was damaged the last two trips. I am trying a different strategy now by packing it and shipping it to my destination. No carrying on the airplane, no security check, no struggling to fit it in a rented car.
So this morning at 9 am when UPS opened, there I was with my 64 pound, packed to the gills, bicycle case. Destination LAS VEGAS.
Believe it or not, the cost is the same as what the airlines would charge. And I bought a pre-paid return ticket already so I will do the same thing coming home. I will have it picked up at my hotel and sent back to my house where I will re-assemble it.
This is a huge weight off my mind. I have been consumed with the hows of the bike transport and I am really hoping it goes as smoothly as today's UPS trip.
Stay tuned.