Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, March 8, 2010

First Brick

So a brick is when you combine 2 of the sports back to back. In other words, you swim and then you bike or you bike and then you run. Yesterday we had some AMAZING weather in the northeast and I gained a ton of confidence for the upcoming NV race. I ran 6 miles with my girlfriends in the morning. The pace wasn't stellar but we were talking the whole time. The distance felt good though. In the afternoon, I decided to venture out again and cycle outdoors for the first time since last October. Nothing short of heavenly! I did a quick 10 miles as I really didn't want to overdo it my first day out. And then I did a brick by running another mile fresh off the bike. Jelly legs for sure but it gave me some muscle memory to fall back on. A little sore last night but am hoping for another run this afternoon. Tomorrow will be a rest day and then a little over 2 weeks before the race. Now the logistics begin. Shipping the bike is for starters. Actually taking it apart is first but I am going to ship UPS this year instead of carrying it on the airplane. Same price, less stressful... I think. That's the news. If you live in the Northeast... enjoy this weather!