Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things To Ponder



I'm reading this hysterical book called Trizophrenia. It's written by a triathlete, comic, artist, writer guy who (I swear) has me blowing in his ear. His sentiments and take on the sport of triathlon is so accurate, I find myself chuckling out loud as I read it. My husband bought me the book for Christmas and I have been saving it for the race "season". I had no idea I would enjoy it so much.
Last night, the author posed a serious question. Do I train to race or do I race to train? Without a race, isn't it just exercise? I found myself questioning my efforts as I drifted off to sleep.
This morning the answer is clear. I train and I race to find a method of early detection for ovarian cancer. I don't have to think any further.
Someone asked me the other day, "What will you do when you finish all 50 states?" "Probably sleep a lot", I told her. Seriously, I am not sure what I will do or if it will include this sport. But honestly, can I cross that bridge when it gets a little closer?