Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

On My Way To The Grand Canyon State

We leave tomorrow!! Woo hoo! I remember last December when I planned my race schedule. I decided to do AZ and UT back to back weeks and planned this RV vacation with my husband. You know how it is? You make plans 8 months ahead and it feels like forever 'til it gets here and then BAM! It's here.
My bike has arrived. I got a call from Tom at A-1 Bike Center in Mesa that she arrived safely and has been put together. Check. Camping gear assembled. Check. Race documents and maps organized. Check. Tonight I'll figure out the clothes. 40 degree temperature swing in Flagstaff, where the race is. Layers of clothes, I guess. It's the desert, afterall.
And racing at elevation. Don't even get me started on that. That'll be interesting. Don't count on any podium finishes this time.
So if you're in Flagstaff on Sunday, please come say hi to me. I'll be the one in the bright TEAL uniform, riding the bright TEAL bicycle.