Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Gearing Up For 2011

With the release of my piece in Triathlete Magazine, I got some great emails. Two in particular came from race directors, inviting me to race in their states and their races. So it looks like I am bound for Kansas in July and Oregon in August. How exciting that my race calendar is filling in only a week after my 2010 season ended.
Another email came from a firefighter in Dallas, Texas whose wife is battling ovarian cancer. He has wanted to do something for this "teal" cause but didn't know if anything existed. He has raced for other charities and thought it would benefit many people if he could spread the word about ovarian cancer. Resigned to take on the task himself, he read about my 50x50x100 campaign and contacted me. We have been emailing ever since and it looks like he and his triathlon/fire fighter buddies are going to join my campaign this year. They will don the teal colors and race to raise funds for OCRF. So it looks like Dallas, Texas will also be on my list for 2011.
I am thrilled this campaign is becoming viral. That is the only way we will save lives, one person at a time. Spreading the message and getting donations into the hands of researchers is how we will conquer ovarian cancer. I am doing my part. Would you consider helping with a $5 donation?