Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Hot Off The Presses

Just back from Mississippi and treated with more southern hospitality than I thought possible, I made it in the papers. Click on the link here for the Hattiesburg American and check out my results. It was a great race and because the race director had put my story on the race website, lots of folks knew me before I arrived and approached me during the event. That made my grass-roots effort of talking to people about signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer easier. I already had to "opener" with the story of my campaign and as a result, I was able to talk to many more people about this disease. The weather was perfect and conditions were beautiful. I'm pretty happy with my results too. A great way to end my 2010 season. Recap of the season in my next blog post.