Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Well + Good NYC and Me


It's all about getting the message to as many people as possible and today's post on the Well + Good NYC blog did just that. A special shout out to Lisa Held who contacted me about my campaign. She was in the audience for a speech I did recently at a L'Oreal employee breakfast. Although I really hate this spotlight and am actually feeling pretty uncomfortable by it, I am reminded constantly of why I do this.
I received an email recently from someone who had read my blog. She said she had been experiencing some of the symptoms I described and had never even considered ovarian cancer. Armed with more information about this disease, she asked her doctor to "prove that she didn't have ovarian cancer". A pelvic ultrasound confirmed her worst nightmare.... ovarian cancer..... BUT stage I.
Treatments exist for ovarian cancer and if caught in early stages, it is 92% curable. For all intents and purposes, my email friend will be fine. She caught it early because of something she read. This is why I race. This is why I campaign. This is why you need to donate $5 to help find a method of early detection. Enough said.