Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

6 Is The New 4

Miles, I mean. This year I am "upping" my distance. In the past I have done mostly sprint distance races. It is a shorter distance, designed to be an all out effort of pure speed. But just to keep things interesting and to improve my overall fitness, I am moving up to more Olympic distances. An Olympic distance is twice as long as a sprint and I have done a bunch before. But this summer I will do more than ever. I have 10 Olympic distance triathlons planned. That's a pretty big jump for me and truth to tell, I am a bit nervous. So along with upping the race distance, I am upping the training. Six miles now needs to be my shortest run of the week, whereas before, four was my happy number. It's only 2 miles but at my pace, it is an extra 18 minutes.... 18 precious minutes of sleep since I usually run at 5 am. 18 minutes of staying under warm covers and snuggling with my husband. Luckily it is getting lighter earlier and warmer. Really... how much does 18 minutes matter in the scheme of things? Well, when the clock goes off at 4:30 am instead of 5 am, I will let you know.