Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Southwest Friend

As a result of this campaign, I am meeting amazing people.  One such person is my dear friend Kari or KK for short.  She works for Southwest Airlines.  At Southwest they have a program called "Share the Spirit" and encourage their staff to volunteer time to non-profit organizations.   If a staff member volunteers 40 hours to a particular charity, that charity gets a free airline ticket in the US.  KK did this for me and I got the ticket.  I am happy to announce that my $498 ticket to the race in Oklahoma is courtesy of KK and Southwest.  This is an incredibly helpful thing... since my campaign is 100% self funded.  Remote states like Oklahoma are expensive to travel to and a free ride really helps the bottom line.  I've also racked up some serious mileage on Delta so my ticket to Michigan was booked with frequent flyer points.  With 11 states to add to this season, two free airline tickets is cause for celebration and worthy of a post.
Many thanks to KK for helping me with the Public Relations of my campaign, for working at Southwest and for turning into such a great friend.