Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Worth The Effort

This is not a photo of me in Crow pose.  But for about 20 seconds in yoga tonight, it could have been.  I have been consistently practicing yoga for almost 2 years.  My husband and I started doing it together in an effort to create a "date night".  It has far exceeded our expectations and we are both hooked.  In fact, he credits his 30 point cholesterol decrease to yoga alone.  I haven't noticed such dramatic effects but I have to admit I am a stronger athlete for it. 
Being humble is part of the yoga spirit and I want to honor that.  You are always "practicing"  yoga and will never, ever be done. For those of us who long for a sense of  completion, this yoga concept is tough to swallow.  Not to mention, it is just really hard to do.  There are some poses that my body doesn't like and others that I am afraid to attempt.  Crow has always been one of poses I struggle with.  But tonight, for about 20 seconds, the heavens parted and I got into the pose... almost effortlessly.  And the best part.....I stayed in the pose until the instructor moved us on to the next pose.  For the first time, I didn't fall out of it.  I almost giggled with excitement but of course, that's not the point.  Is it?  Remaining humble is what I'll do but between you, me and the lamp post, I am totally stoaked.  For tonight anyway, I was able to do Crow.  It has been worth the effort.