Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another Country Heard From

OCRF from Australia
Ovarian Cancer is not a United States problem.  It is global.  In fact, in Australia three women are diagnosed every day.  I mention Australia because in my research, I stumbled on another OCRF.  Not the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund that you often see me write about but the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.  And this "down-under" OCRF, celebrated yesterday with a White Shirt Day.  Here's an excerpt from their website.
The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) is proud to present, for the second year, OCRF White Shirt Day. On May 19, Australians are invited to show their commitment to fighting ovarian cancer and supporting the thousands of Australian women and their families who are affected by this insidious disease.  The OCRF White Shirt Day is an OCRF initiative to garner collective support for this important cause.
It warms my heart to know there are "sister" organizations around the world doing exactly what we are doing here in the US.  But wouldn't it be even better if these organizations could be put out of business?  That's the real goal.