Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Help Takes Many Forms

Enter Shelley August Designs.  Through a friend, I met Shelley virtually.  When she learned of my campaign, she contacted me and asked how she could help.  Having lost her mother to ovarian cancer, the subject is near to her heart.  As a jewelry designer she suggested making a TEAL item and donating it so the proceeds would benefit my 50x50x100 campaign. To date, I don't have a raffle for my campaign so I didn't know how that would work.  OCRF saw an opportunity and suggested she create a line of jewelry to be carried on their website, with 20% of the proceeds benefitting my campaign.  Other non-teal specific items bring in 10% for the cause.
This is a win-win situation and shows me that help does not have to come in the form of direct donations.  Thinking outside the "charity box', I am finding that my campaign can benefit in many other ways.  If you like shopping, if you like jewelry, if your mom might like one of these items for Mother's Day, please consider supporting me through Shelley August Designs. I've already bought a pair of earrings.  So I guess, I helped myself.