Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cross Training

Have you ever done a ropes/zip line course?  High in the tree tops of Catamount Mountain in upstate New York, I participated in a three hour test of fitness this past weekend.  Previously terrified of zip lines, I am happy to report I conquered my fears.  It wasn't about the height really; more about the stepping off.  Truth to tell, it was about being "out of control" but given the (perceived) cushioning of the trees and plush underground, it somehow felt less dangerous.  The zip line became the easy part with the bulk of the challenge being the physical strength, balance, coordination and endurance to traverse wires, ladders and ropes 50 feet off the ground.  Especially as the day went on, the fatigue took its toll, sometimes rendering my muscles useless, quivering and barely able to hang on.  Yes, we were strapped in at all times and clipped on to platforms, guide wires and elements at every station.  I was fortunate enough to go with 12 of my friends and family members and what made it particularly exciting was being able to look out into the forest and see a familiar face in a neighboring tree.  Like we were a family of monkeys, we chattered and waved to each other as if to say, "look at me".  This morning my body has bumps and bruises and cuts and scrapes to remind me of the weekend's events and I can honestly say, I can't wait to do it again.