Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Much Needed Weekend

No race this weekend.  Catching up on laundry, work, life, time with my husband and training with friends.  Racing and traveling around the country is kinda lonely sometimes.  Not that I am complaining but when I train with friends, I am reminded how much energy I draw from them.  A 25 mile ride yesterday seemed effortless in the company of Suanne and her sister, Andrea. A six mile run this morning went by in a flash thanks to the company of my friend Pamm.  It really is more enjoyable to "play" with others. 
Next weekend is a different story.  Joplin, Missouri.  New state, no friends meeting me there but Rufus Racing and the race director have been very supportive already.  I am hooked up with a tri bike thanks to the RD (I even think it is her personal bike) and have a potential television spot on WKSN.   Looks like it'll be a really fun event.  And state #37.  You know the drill by now.... all in an effort to raise awareness of ovarian cancer.  Stay tuned.