Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, June 4, 2012

"O" is for One Fantastic State

Representing state #35, Route 66 Triathlon was an impeccibly produced event that did not disappoint.  The kindness of strangers, the hospitality of the event coordinators, bike mechanics, bike store and press was true to southern style.  I felt welcomed and the campaign was very much supported.
A special thanks to Steve, the race director, who introduced me to many folks with links to ovarian cancer.  We started building a network months before I even arrived.  When we finally did meet, it was as if we were friends for years and there were hugs all around. 
Shout outs to Roger, Christy, Team Becky, Steve at Schlegels, Marty, Glen and of course my Texas buds, Kari and John for an awesome weekend.  I think we were able to touch many lives this weekend.  On a more somber note, many women are no longer with us because of this disease and this race was dedicated to them.  Nancy Gartman, Nanci Cacossa and Dee Dee Miller were with me the entire day.  I have often said "I race for women in treatment, women who have lost the battle and for women yet to be diagnosed" but this past weekend, it was all for the ones who lost the fight.  It was indeed a special event.