Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, April 9, 2012

ESPNw

Last week was pretty exciting.  I returned home from Tennessee, representing state #32.  My results were much better than expected, with a PR in the water and my fastest run split since before I was diagnosed.  I owe the water success to my triathlon club, Team Total Training and my running success to my early morning running friends.  Biking used to be my "ace in the hole" but this year may be different.
More exciting was the email I received last Monday.  ESPNw picked up my story and came to interview me for 6 hours on Wednesday.  Swimming, biking and running, they followed me around and wanted to learn about my diagnosis, my treatment, beating cancer and the 50x50x100 campaign.  The story will be on the website (hopefully by the end of the month) and may be picked up by the network at some point.  This represents the largest platform I've been able to spread the message to.  Thanks to the folks at ESPNw for helping to bring this vital information to women.