Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Borrowed Sled

A big thanks to the guys at MOAB for hooking me up with my borrowed bicycle for tomorrow's race.  At the advice of the race director, I contacted this store and they were able to find me the right size bike.  When I went to pick it up today, there was no charge....the kindness of strangers is amazing.  Thanks to all the guys who fielded my calls, searched for the right size sled and fit it for me today.
Speaking of the kindness of strangers, I am a house guest with some pretty awesome people that I met in Bermuda last racing season.  Over a plate of Salt & Pepper Tofu (the likes of which I have never had before and would give my right arm to replicate), I met Joe and Candice.   We got talking, as strangers do in a foreign place, and Candice offered me her card saying, "When you race in Tennessee, come stay with us".  And here I am.  Once again on this amazing cross country journey, I am blessed to be meeting people who not only provide me a bed but feed me and open their home as if we are life long friends.  Here's the bonus... now we will be life long friends.  Thanks to Joe, Candice and their daughter Taylor, for the warmth, support and friendship.