Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Very Full Map and an Amazing

Have you seen my map lately?  There it is .... off to the right and looking mighty BLUE if I do say so myself.  Look closely.  The only state that is not blue is Hawaii and you know what that means... I am on my last state! 
Wyoming and South Dakota were wonderful.  I posted some pretty good results. The venues were small but the conditions were rugged.  Second overall female in Wyoming and first in age in South Dakota.  Wyoming was at 9300 feet and breathing was ridiculous.  South Dakota was hot, hot, hot so I am really pleased.  In between these states we (my husband joined me) did a ton of site seeing, logging about 40 miles of hiking and 1500 miles of driving.  It's such a big, beautiful country out there.  My inner cowgirl was alive and well. Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, a hot air balloon over the Black Hills... all so great. The SD race afforded me an opportunity to speak to the crowd which was really awesome, especially as National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is upon us.  And one of the highlights was my friends from Alaska joining me for the 49th state.  Too many photos to share, too many details for a blog post.  On to the final planning stages for the 50th state but in the meantime, lots of events planned for September for Awareness Month.  If you find yourself in MA next weekend or NJ the weekend after, please consider coming to some of the events I will be attending.  Check the calendar on the right for information.